Families at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Thank you for considering the Oak Bay Beach Hotel for your upcoming visit to Victoria! On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you soon. We know travelling with children can often add complexity to your booking needs, so it is our pleasure to share some of the features of the hotel from a family perspective, to assist you in your booking decision.
What to know about our Guest Rooms:
Many of our rooms can accommodate up to 4 people and we also offer a select number of side-by-side rooms with a common entryway that can be configured for guests interested in two distinct spaces to provide a little more room or accommodate families of more than 4.
To make the most of your dining experiences, we offer some wonderful options:
- Kate’s Café is a charming all-around option for families to enjoy and is open at 6am daily for fresh-made breakfast and lunch dining in or available as takeaway.
- Families are welcome in our Dining Room which offers a fine selection of gourmet dishes in a well-appointed setting for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- In-Suite Dining is available 24-hours and offers a variety of kid-friendly menu options.
- The Boathouse Bar & Grill also offers a lunch or casual dinner option for our hotel guests throughout the summer.
- The Snug Pub is reserved for patrons 19 years of age or older
Enjoying the Baths
While hotel families are welcome to enjoy the seaside mineral baths, please note that they are an extension of our Spa and therefore a tranquil environment for the relaxation and enjoyment of both hotel and spa guests. Children are to be supervised at all times with appropriate noise levels to maintain a spa environment. Other than safety flotation devices, water toys are not permitted.
For other more leisure opportunities to splash around may we suggest:
- Willows Beach – One of the most beautiful beaches in Greater Victoria (and only a short distance away), the sandy beach features, open green space, playground, washroom facilities, concession and plenty of beachfront for strolling or playing.
- Oak Bay Recreation Centre – The centre offers many leisure opportunities, including swimming, skating, hockey, tennis to name a few. With two pools maintained at 83°F and 94°F, features include two waterslides, a basketball hoop and a rope swing. Please see the Concierge for complimentary vouchers and public swim time information.
- Explore the pebble beach along our waterfront, search for beach glass and enjoy the ocean views. Beach access is located adjacent to the Boathouse Spa building entrance.
- The Oak Bay Marina’s resident harbor seals live and play right off the wharf. Purchase some frozen fish at the Marina gift shop for your adventurous children to feed to these local seals
- From summer night markets, to tea party’s, Halloween bonfire’s and Christmas events galore, there are many options throughout the year for our Concierge to connect you to.
- The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is happy to rent “Pedalar” bicycles for your enjoyment from our Concierge or Front Desk and explore the seaside route and beautiful Oak Bay.
- Kayak Rentals and tours from the Oak Bay Marina are available with Ocean River Sports. Paddle in a single or double kayak and explore the beautiful Oak Bay Shoreline or join a guided tour for a more detailed and informative family excursion.
On behalf of the Oak Bay Beach Hotel team, we look forward to making your trip to Victoria fun for all ages, and hope to see you soon!